free website stats program Do I need to find a new dealer service dept? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do I need to find a new dealer service dept?

Everyone brings up good points, when I had the issues with my bike, especially the stalling I expressed concern of safety especially because my wife and my 15 year old daughter ride with me, I asked them if they would put their wives or kids on a bike that kept on stalling? Like another tech told me, they can put different parts on your bike to see what happens and if does not work they just take it out and you only pay for labor.

The cruise and security system was factory installed. I had the alarm (an $85 part) installed at an HD dealership that I trusted. It worked fine for 6 years. The dealership was sold to a mega-dealer and the general manager and service manager that I trusted were replaced with profit first individuals that weren't worth the 60 mile trip to get there.)

But, every bit of service on the bike, since new, has been performed by an HD dealership. Only thing I have done is check the air in the tires!

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to respond to my post. It is much appreciated. It is a very frustrating and expensive experience that I wish wasn't necessary.

Planocat

Back