free website stats program Do I need a Tuner | Harley Davidson Forums

Do I need a Tuner

I have an '05 night train with Vance and Hines short shots and I just put on a K&N intake system. I took it for a short ride and it smells a little hot. Do I need a tuner? Will it run too lean with just these few small mods?

I have an '05 night train with Vance and Hines short shots and I just put on a K&N intake system. I took it for a short ride and it smells a little hot. Do I need a tuner? Will it run too lean with just these few small mods?
Yes is the answer.. TFI or Gen3 by Dobecks Performance

You "Lean Out" an Al Ready LEAN condition when you add air and exhaust modifications to your bike...

The TFI/Gen3 would do a perfect job for your bike.. Give Chris a call at Dobecks Performance 406-388-2377 and ask Him OR Type Dallas Here on site, Type away under Product Support on Main Home page.......

Lots of questions and answers already on threads there and many Post, that will answer Most questions..

MANY of our members Use Dobecks product and LIKE it..

TFI or the Gen3 will get your bike to a safe Level of Fuel... You WILL notice the change..

signed....BUBBIE

Love my TFI & definitely got the train running lean. I'd hold off riding, call Dobeck & work a deal...JMO.

well, if the mix is too lean it may also start to turn your pipes blue, follow what these guys are saying its good advice.

Back