free website stats program Do I need a part time job?Will it ever stop????? | Harley Davidson Forums

Do I need a part time job?Will it ever stop?????

purplehazeultra

I bought a 08 Ultra in April. I thought I liked the bike just they way it was. Wrong. After looking through the books and seeing all the goodies man it is NUTS!!!! Oh and not just for the bike. Hats shoes shirts. Bad enough I got hooked but now my wife got into the action. I guess it needs to be self control and a little at a time. I just am really amazed of how just one bike can change your hole life. I am lucky do to the fact a bought the bike out right and have no payments.
This bike has been a God sent and has brought my wife and I close again.
Glad she talked me out of the Goldwing. HEEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:59:

I don't think it does. I haven't even purchased my new bike yet and I am already planning on what to do.

As to a part time job, only you know the answer to that, as to will it ever stop, only if and when you trade it for another:bigsmiley30:, Oh, and did I mention that you then begin all over again....have fun and enjoy.

You picked a mighty fine machine. IF I had an Ultra...I would have to change the pipes...at least. Nothing real loud...just something "mellow". Also add the Electra-glow lighting package that raps around the bags, and and and and and and and...:bigsmiley30:

Does it end? In my experience, yes it does end. Shortly before you start shopping for the next bike.
The way I "control" my buying is by having a list of things I want for the bike.
Lucky for me, I am over wearing HD logo items, so I have more $ for the bike!

Good advice about the HD logo items. I never got a better ride from my bike by have a shirt on that said HD. I am all ready looking for rain gear and found frogger rain gear for half the price as HD.
Thanks for the post.

You never outgrow it either. I recently got my father to ride. He ran out and bought a Honda Shadow cause he had to have his own bike. Within three weeks he had sold it and got a Harley. He has went nuts for sure.

I purchased my Goldwing new in 1983 after 2 or 3 years I stopped buying accessories for it. I still own, ride and enjoy the bike but, no matter what I do to it I feel that it is just like every other Wing.

The Harley on the other hand, I keep buying and adding accessories and slowly it is becoming mine, not like anyone else's, just mine. It's kind of strange I can't explain it to anyone who does not understand (wife).

For every item I buy I seem to want 2 more so I will just keep my part time job!

I can really relate to you, I have a very stressfull job, and I believe everyone needs an out, some people hunt, others do other things, My wife and I ride the bike. Does it ever end, Oh it will for sure some day,you can bet on that, life is short, have a ball, enjoy what some only wish they could do. RIde Safe...Tim :D

Glad you are enjoying yourself...I've tried to get my wife a part time job. Haven't had too much luck on that one as of yet! She says she is too tired after her regular job. LOL It doesn't stop, $$$'s on led lighting, running, turn, brakes, etc. this past week! I'm glad there are others out there trying to keep the economy going too! Have fun and enjoy, life is short...play hard!

Back