free website stats program do I have a alarm problem? how much amps drow my alarm system ? | Harley Davidson Forums

do I have a alarm problem? how much amps drow my alarm system ?

I have a sporster 2007 883r and if I do not use the bike for about tree days
bike will not start. battery is about six month old but is a ship battery,
I read that is suppost to withdrow 3 m. amp. max I took a amp withdrow-
reading and this is what I got.
the metter reads from one to two m. amps witch I think is fine but ebery ten seconds jump to 14 m. amps only for a spleat second.and then goes back to -
one to two amps for about ten seconds,and then back to 13 m. amps for spleat second. is this how the alarm supost to work or do I have a problem?
bay the way I did removed ol the fuses when I was taken the reading exep the battery fuse.

and then goes back to -
one to two amps for about ten seconds,

You did forget the "ma" before the one or two AMPS? If so...

Does your bike have the Siren II on it. If it does, the split second draw is probably part of the pager transmitter. But even if it is not, that small amount of current (13 MA) should not kill a battery in 3 days.

The battery is just probably bad. Being it is a ship battery, it was not designed for the vibration a bike has and the internal plates are probably coming apart.

As a test, just disconnect the battery terminals for 3 days and see what happens. The battery will probably be just as weak as before when it was hooked to the bike.

thanks for helping me out, no I do not have the sirenII on it. I am going to replase the battery if it does not fix the problem you will hear from me soon thanks again.

thanks for helping me out, no I do not have the sirenII on it. I am going to replase the battery if it does not fix the problem you will hear from me soon thanks again.

Is this a Marine Battery? They are a great deep cycle battery but Vibration would surely ruin them IMO

no its a battery that was on a old bike I do not know what brand it is.I think I did not spell sheap write. sorry I am not good at spelling.

Back