free website stats program Do A Lot Of You Dislike The 2009 Frame Changes? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do A Lot Of You Dislike The 2009 Frame Changes?

4000 miles on my 09 and I think this thing is the BOMB. Both in handling and comfort. My passenger thinks so as well and we've been on 05's, 07's, 08's and finally an 09. (09 was the first ultra we've owned)

Best money I've spent in years.

I rode the three sisters here in the Texas hill county on my '09 FLHRC tuesday. It was the first time I had it on any twisties at all. I was very impressed by the handling of an 800 lb bike with a 275 lb rider on it. I rode about 325 miles and I was cursing the stock seat the last 75 miles on flat roads.

Just took my 09 SG up to east Tennessee this past weekend. Rode the Dragon and the Cherahola Skyway. It handled better than my 07 Heritage ever dreamed of.

can you not do it by just opening the Lid?
i dont have to remove my bag to get at the filler at all just open the lid

I took off the saddlebag the first time I changed the air pressue. Then it dawned on me that simply opening the lid of the saddlebag gave me all the room I needed. Duh!!! I wonder how many other simple tricks I'm missing out on.

I'm happy with my 09 FLHRC. My only complaint is getting the air pressure right in the rear shocks and having to move the left saddlebag so I can reach the filler valve.
I don't know if this is how you do it, but I just pull the rear saddlebag pin out which allows the bag to flex out of the way for easy access. Just opening the Road King Classic bags alone does not help.

I'm very happy with my 2009 FLHX. My only concern is that there seem to be a few wheel bearings going bad prematurely.

My comment about the rear suspension air setting and or design is it seems that the sweet spot for the ultimate ride comfort seems to bottom out to easily with more aggressive riding. When set for more aggressive riding it is a bit to stiff IMHO. I love it and will keep it for the rest of it's or my life though 'cause she handles like a dream! These West Virginia roads definately put it to the test! :)

My comment about the rear suspension air setting and or design is it seems that the sweet spot for the ultimate ride comfort seems to bottom out to easily with more aggressive riding. When set for more aggressive riding it is a bit to stiff IMHO. I love it and will keep it for the rest of it's or my life though 'cause she handles like a dream! These West Virginia roads definately put it to the test! :)
That is exactly my experience as well. I'm ridin solo all the time so my settings should be constant but I'll be (edit) if I can find a sweet spot for rough roads.

Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
Back