free website stats program Diy | Harley Davidson Forums

Diy

gator508

Experienced Member
Finally got around to changing oil in all 3 holes last weekend, everything went off without a hitch.
Preston, I tried to remove the return line to scavenge left over oil, but couldn't get the line loose, I'll have to get on of the Lisle kits. I used a large syringe and long piece of tubing to get what I could out, ~ 200cc.
Put Redline shockproof in the tranny, man I was shocked, it looked like Pepto-Bismol! Took her out for a spin, everything tight and no leaks, ran good. So now we are ready for the mountains.

Another job well done Gator.....:s
Hope the weather is in your favor and you have a great trip......

Peace of mind to know that the job has been done correctly with suitable stuff

Brian

Think of the money u saved, now you can spend it on your trip:s

Safe trip Gator. Let us know what you think of the Redline in the tranny while in the mountains.

Safe trip Gator. Let us know what you think of the Redline in the tranny while in the mountains.

HDDon

I will do that, have taken it out for a couple of high speed spins and so far it seems somewhat quieter thru the gears.

Finally got around to changing oil in all 3 holes last weekend, everything went off without a hitch.
Preston, I tried to remove the return line to scavenge left over oil, but couldn't get the line loose, I'll have to get on of the Lisle kits. I used a large syringe and long piece of tubing to get what I could out, ~ 200cc.
Put Redline shockproof in the tranny, man I was shocked, it looked like Pepto-Bismol! Took her out for a spin, everything tight and no leaks, ran good. So now we are ready for the mountains.
sorry for the late reply , been out of town working. i know it is already done but for next time , the chrome cap has an o ring inside of it , a little prying with something flat like a butcher knife. then once pulled out , you look close you will see a clip with 2 little pinch clips squeeze them and wiggle out the line. no need for any kit

sorry for the late reply , been out of town working. i know it is already done but for next time , the chrome cap has an o ring inside of it , a little prying with something flat like a butcher knife. then once pulled out , you look close you will see a clip with 2 little pinch clips squeeze them and wiggle out the line. no need for any kit

Thanks Preston, I'm going to print and save this till next time.:cheers

Back