free website stats program Dissatisfied with motor rebuild | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dissatisfied with motor rebuild

I did install Rev Perf system and it made a huge difference but the sputter/miss is still there. I think that is the result of the .619 lift cams that require a performance exhaust system that I don't have. Hot Shot's had my bikes configuration before they even saw the motor. Oh by the way as far as them standing behind this mess is out the door in fact the door has been slammed in my face.

maybe it would be better defined as missing with the throttle barely off the idle stop...at all RPM's..
I Kinda Figure IT isn't getting that First Shot of Fuel it needs to pick-up the RPM...

Now WHAT to do about that is Not In My EFI book of knowledge but some one will probably respond..

Now IF a Gen3 or the TFI, I would just open pot # 2 to increase the amount needed...

Any Takers for HOW to increase this needed gas in hargun2 FI,,???,,, I know how in a carburetor one...

signed....BUBBIE

I agree that the sputter is due to not enough fuel or an air leak. I would check for air leaks first and if there are none then I would try to increase the fuel. If you are running the stock fuel injection system that consists of 46 mm throttle body and fuel injectors that flow 3.89 to 3.91 gm/sec I would suggest that you go to a larger fuel injector. Kuryakyn sells a high flow injector #10220043 that will fit the stock throttle body. I wouldnt recommend putting the SE 50 mm TB on a 95 cu in motor. Just remember that changes in the fuel system (larger injectors) require ECU changes so it goes back to Rev Perf for an update. Hope this will help.

Has anyone put 259E cams in a 103? I just bought a 2012 Switchback & wanted to stay in warranty this time. So the biggest Cams SE has is 259E. i got a call yesterday telling me they are no longer allowed for Dyna's just Baggers. So to stay legal I have to go with 255 Cams. Had they done the work last week when the Bike was suppose to be started they would have had to allow. Thoughts????

Has anyone put 259E cams in a 103? I just bought a 2012 Switchback & wanted to stay in warranty this time. So the biggest Cams SE has is 259E. i got a call yesterday telling me they are no longer allowed for Dyna's just Baggers. So to stay legal I have to go with 255 Cams. Had they done the work last week when the Bike was suppose to be started they would have had to allow. Thoughts????

Do the install of WHICH cam you want, go to an independent shop (Indy).... The Only part of the warranty that will NOT be covered on your bike is WHAT damage or problems that UNapproved cam installed in your bike causes... What would that be????

The damage to the transmission??? Haw, they do these cams and over look a lot of warranty that has nothing to do with this cam install ???? No Way,,,,, Com'on HD give us a break.

signed....BUBBIE

I don't understand why HD would only allow a specific cam to be installed in a specific model bike. Bubbie's statement that the warranty can only be voided on the unapproved cam and or damage caused by that cam is correct. BUT, the dealer can make things difficult if they want to by flagging your vin # in the computer alerting other dealers to unauthorized parts installed.

Back