free website stats program dissapointed | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

dissapointed

I am happy to report back that my builder found my performance problem out side cam was out of time bike whale now and no more pinging thanks every one here for your support it is very reliable info as usual

Great results from your builder! Nice to know that there are business's out there that stand behind their work. Careful braking her in.

I am happy to report back that my builder found my performance problem out side cam was out of time bike whale now and no more pinging thanks every one here for your support it is very reliable info as usual

Great news, good builder to stand behind his work:s

She could be wet sumping; that will put a drag on power, like dragging an anchor. Wrong or improperly installed scavenge port oring and/or oil pimp not aligned are causes. Get the motor hot and remove the crankcase plug bottom right side of the crankcase. If more than 4-6 ounces of oil drain out, she is sumping. Make sure the engine is up to operating temp before you remove the plug and remove it carefully. When reinstalling, apply some thread sealer and do not overtighten; the plug is a tapered pipe plug and cases have been cracked by over tightening the plug.
WAP.gif

EDIT: didn't see the last posts; glad you got her fixed.

Back