free website stats program disappointed | Harley Davidson Forums

disappointed

mtrbrth3

just noticed my $19,000 2011 heritage has plastic fenders or are they fiberglass? Anyways when did harley stop putting tins on their bikes?They feel flimsy with a lot of flex in them.Prolly would have searched for a ten year old bike if I knew,even the chrome accents on the fenders as well as the heritage badge is cheap plastic.Last new bike I am buying!

Welcome to the forum... That's the first I've heard about plastic fenders, I know my '09 Heritage Classic has steel fenders. Sorry you're disappointed. How do you like the bike otherwise ?

just noticed my $19,000 2011 heritage has plastic fenders or are they fiberglass? Anyways when did harley stop putting tins on their bikes?They feel flimsy with a lot of flex in them.Prolly would have searched for a ten year old bike if I knew,even the chrome accents on the fenders as well as the heritage badge is cheap plastic.Last new bike I am buying!

I would have thought prior to spending $19K you would have noticed the cheap plastic. Hmmmm :34:

I apologise to all and the moco.upon furter investigation the fenders are in fact metal.i will tie myself to the whipping post now.once and again i apologise.i will disengage clutch b4 engaging typing digits!

Glad to hear that... I was wondering how they slipped that by us.. :)

Then again, Corvettes have been around a long time and they hold up very well.

The only problem with plastic fenders are the stones you run over do not make the classic sound when hitting the inside of the fender while riding. It took a while to get used to the new noise for before my previous bike had plastic fenders.

LOL, some plastic fenders just bounce back into place after you crash them too....much better than I did. :D

Back