free website stats program disappeared workshop manual | Harley Davidson Forums

disappeared workshop manual

gunnut

If you all want to know why I ask seemingly stupid questions,a person to whom I loaned my manual for my 96 wide glide,has disappeared,and my manual disappeared with him.My 20 thou is due,and I have no idea how much oil to put where,what to put in the forks,or if I need other than a HD filter because I'm changeing to full synthetic,or anything else I need to check/replace or do.In short,HEEELLLPPPP!!!!!!!...please?

I dont have any issues about asking stupid questions, but at some point you may not get an answere.

Cough up the cash and get a a new manual.

Why thanks dangerdan,now why didnt I think of that???!!!Maybe I've tried and all I can get is those crummy Clymer things,huh??!

I have 95 and had no difficulty buying a 95 HD manual from the dealer.
I use it constantly.

I do not mean to offend , but if you're going to work on your own bike , you need a manual. It just make life easier.

Anyway that's my opinion.
Have a good day.

ok,Dangerdan,I aree with you 100%,my problem is that here(england)is somewhere between the back of beyond and oblivion.All the sources I've tryed so far come up Clymer :bigsmiley15:,and to be honest,I would'nt grace my garbage with one.Appologies for the tone in mt first reply,but I'm getting pretty peeved at it all,I can tell you!

If you all want to know why I ask seemingly stupid questions,a person to whom I loaned my manual for my 96 wide glide,has disappeared,and my manual disappeared with him.My 20 thou is due,and I have no idea how much oil to put where,what to put in the forks,or if I need other than a HD filter because I'm changeing to full synthetic,or anything else I need to check/replace or do.In short,HEEELLLPPPP!!!!!!!...please?

I'll hunt him down and get the manual back for $5 :D

2 1/2 qts in the engine
Buy I qt for the primary and fill it to the bottom of the clutch hub with the bike straight & level.
I qt or to the full line hot in the trans. Add it a bit at a time so you don't overfill it.
HD filter for any type oil 5 micron
Forks, call the dealer:D Probably about 10.2 oz but don't go by this.

Last edited:
Thankyou,Glider and Hobbit,ever thought of doing this professionally?you'd be millionares in no time.!Thanks again.

Thankyou,Glider and Hobbit,ever thought of doing this professionally?you'd be millionares in no time.!Thanks again.
Shhh! Don't ruin it for us............;) I'm waiting on the book myself, but this is much more fun. :) LOL

OH?..... So you don't have a manual Joy? :bigsmiley6:
Of course I have a manual! It even has some new greasy smudge finger prints on it! It's just getting broke in. ;) It's the HD of course. I did my homework & didn't even bother looking at the Clymer....LOL

BTW Glider, I was referring to 'your' book. You know, 'How To Build & Maintain Your Twin Cam'. How's it coming along? :D

Last edited:
Back