free website stats program dirty 09 Ultra | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

dirty 09 Ultra

I ride way too much to worry about how clean my bike is. But I do keep it well maintained. It's always in tip top shape. I have a 09 Ultra that I bought in Sept of 08 an already have 13,000 plus miles on it. So what it has a few bugs and a little dust on it. I didn't buy it to be a show piece. I bought it to ride, and ride I do. In the time it takes ya to get it spotless I probably have 200 miles under my belt. Not downing you guys that would want a clean bike to ride, but I would rather ride...just saying.

Yes, Walleye. I use to use the wet dryer sheet on my cars in Florida during love bug season, but never used it on my motorcycle. It did work good. Now that I switched to Rejex on the front of my cars and fairing of my RG, no need for the dryer sheet.

To use the dryer sheet, I wet it first.

I ride way too much to worry about how clean my bike is. But I do keep it well maintained. It's always in tip top shape. I have a 09 Ultra that I bought in Sept of 08 an already have 13,000 plus miles on it. So what it has a few bugs and a little dust on it. I didn't buy it to be a show piece. I bought it to ride, and ride I do. In the time it takes ya to get it spotless I probably have 200 miles under my belt. Not downing you guys that would want a clean bike to ride, but I would rather ride...just saying.

:lero the ultra is the bike to put miles on, clean the front at the end of every ride, and on long ride ( 1000 mile in two day,) i clean at ever fuel stop.
Ride I do this weekend will be month form when i pick it up form the dealer Just over 5000 miles,, on short 300 miles days i also notice i get alot of road dust around the saddle,, and when i wipe my face with a white rag:D I get the happy sign:lero

I too bought my bike to ride.

But I take way too much pride in how my bikes look. I agree with an earlier post. Cleaning the bike is a bonding/calming experience for me as well. Being I have small kids, I don't get out as much as I'd like but still get out enough. But I love a clean bike. Every bike I've ever owned is always spotless to the point that people think I don't ride it. (I dunno...6000 miles since May of this year...hmmm)

And I don't do alot of night riding so I can spend most nights in the garage detailing it and making it purdy.

My wife usually sits out with me and we bond as well. So I look at owning a HD as marriage counseling. :D

Get used to the bugs and if you got a short windshield like me you dont smile alot.HD bug cleaner works good.My dealer now carries a product called Bug Slide.It works great and is also a polish so you dont have to work so hard the next time you clen

ditto that, Bug Slide is excellent! after the ride i spray a few blasts on the fairing, headlights and lowers. wipe with the microcloth, bug splatter gone, then with the now wet cloth I wipe down the tank, bags, and tourpak real quick. takes minutes and keep things clean till wash day. the down side is the price.

What about the rims on the 09's? What do most use to clean these pesky rascals? They are a bummer to keep looking good. Any ideas?

Back