free website stats program Dilemma | Harley Davidson Forums

Dilemma

Turk55

So I got a gift certifigate for chrismass and cant decide what to get, oil cooler, auxiliary lights, or put it towards the new Harley head light, thinking the oil cooler would be the smart move (help the motor out) but? what ya think. :newsmile058:

I'd put it toward one them new fancy LED headlights if it were mine. Of course it would depend on how much the card was for too......................

Oil coolers are nice, but if you have a Stage 1 on the bike, I wouldn't worry with an oil cooler. I'd go with the headlight.

As far as I'm concerned, any of the touring bikes should come stock with an oil cooler. They finally started doing that on the 2012 touring line. Personally that's what I would do. I think it would help the motor out in the long run...but that's just me.

With all the stress related to the holidays, you don't need any more. Let me help ease a little of the post holiday stress by sending me the gift certificate. I will be only happy to help!!:lolrolling

It depends on who the gift was from, If it was from a Woman get the lights.
If it was from a Man get the Oil Cooler.
This way you the Person who gave you the Certificate will be pleased with how you used it :newsmile058:

I'd put it towards the LED lights. I think that they are sharp looking, and you can't go wrong with the visibility factor.
I have, since reading this forum, been curious about the oil cooler. Naturally I want to do whats right for my bike but I am not so sure if it does add longevity to the engine. Especially if you are stage 1. If you read TheTank's post, he lives in Phoenix and he's never had the need for one. Phoenix! Tell me it doesn't get hot down there! So maybe I will rethink my oil cooler add on. Unless there is clear, irrefutable data supporting better engine life using an oil cooler I'd save my $$$ and put it towards the LED's.

It depends on who the gift was from, If it was from a Woman get the lights.
If it was from a Man get the Oil Cooler.
This way you the Person who gave you the Certificate will be pleased with how you used it :newsmile058:

I LIKE this answer! She can always see what you did with her gift.:majesty
Then you can get the oil cooler and she will never notice, and ask "where did you get the money for that"?

Back