free website stats program Difficulty steering | Harley Davidson Forums

Difficulty steering

BuffaloBill

Hey Guys

I have a 2009 RKC and my buddy gave me his New 2009 Street Glide factory rims and tires that he had stored in his garrage since 2009 I installed that on my 09 Roadking thinking to save $$ on new tires The rear worked out great but after installing the fron rim and Tire I amfinfing diffuculty in steering Is it because The front Road Glide Rim &Tire are a different size Is the rake different?
Please advize

PS I like the spoke rims better but I figure saving the $$ on a pair of tires for now but going back stock when these wear out

If those tires are from before 09 I would be checking the rubber for dry rot. Check in between the treads and the sidewalls. As for the steering did the front tire spin free before you put the calipers in place?

Rake, trail and fork angle are the same on both bikes. The RKC calls for a 130/80/16 front tire and the FLHX calls for a 130/80/17 front tire. That should not change the handling characteristics of your bike. Like Don said, jack her up and spin the front wheel and check for binding.

Last edited:
Rake, trail and fork angle are the same on both bikes. The RKC calls for a 130/80/16 front tire and the FLHX calls for a 130/80/17 front tire. That should not change the handling characteristics of your bike. Like Don said, jack her up and spin the front wheel and check for binding.

Actually it was a foolish mistake on my part I went back and checked the Air pressure and it ws at 12 lbs Filled the tire to 40lbs no more issues
Thank you gang
Bill

Wonder why none of us thought of air pressure? Glad you found the problem, but I would still take a close look at the tires. They are still pretty old.

Back