free website stats program Different Feeling | Harley Davidson Forums

Different Feeling

dogdad

I happened to get on my Trek mountain bike yesterday,,,just didn't feel the same since I've been riding my Road King for 6 months. Felt like there was nothing there.

Could be that missing 782 pounds of power. How was the engin though, any coughing or acceleration problems?

Simple green and one of those nylon scrubby sponges. :D The trick is to not let them get too bad before cleaning them.

No pledge on the rubber.

Thanks, that's the way I've been doing it. I was looking for something easier and not so frequent. Ha.

I happened to get on my Trek mountain bike yesterday,,,just didn't feel the same since I've been riding my Road King for 6 months. Felt like there was nothing there.

Just got off another thread so the first thing I though of was:

"Have you done the full Stage 1 upgrade on your Trek? It'll really help!"

As most have found out, the change in any of the 2 wheeled sports requires a little seat time to settle in and "roost" as the saying goes. Also countersteering works a whole lot different with the change in mass...you'll do front wheel skids, washouts and quick turn maneuvers without a second thought...that you hopefully NEVER have to do on your Harley. One of the reasons why dirt bike riders usually make excellent street bike riders, only thing needed beyond physical skill is "traffic jamming" smarts.

Last edited:
Come summer we ride our mountain bikes through the trails by the lake,those first couple rides you can feel every muscle screaming and your knees feel like they are going to seize:bigsmiley30: Then you ask yourself WHY

Back