Different Feeling

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by dogdad, Jan 7, 2009.

1. dogdad

dogdad Active Member

I happened to get on my Trek mountain bike yesterday,,,just didn't feel the same since I've been riding my Road King for 6 months. Felt like there was nothing there.

2. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

Could be that missing 782 pounds of power. How was the engin though, any coughing or acceleration problems?

3. SportyHawg

SportyHawg Active Member

When you got home and cleaned up your ride, did you use Pledge?

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

Is there anything else? :lolrolling

5. Big Dot

Big Dot Member

Have you tried the pledge on your whitewalls. How do you keep yours clean or easier to keep clean?

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

Simple green and one of those nylon scrubby sponges. :D The trick is to not let them get too bad before cleaning them.

No pledge on the rubber.

7. Big Dot

Big Dot Member

Thanks, that's the way I've been doing it. I was looking for something easier and not so frequent. Ha.

8. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Just got off another thread so the first thing I though of was:

"Have you done the full Stage 1 upgrade on your Trek? It'll really help!"

9. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

As most have found out, the change in any of the 2 wheeled sports requires a little seat time to settle in and "roost" as the saying goes. Also countersteering works a whole lot different with the change in mass...you'll do front wheel skids, washouts and quick turn maneuvers without a second thought...that you hopefully NEVER have to do on your Harley. One of the reasons why dirt bike riders usually make excellent street bike riders, only thing needed beyond physical skill is "traffic jamming" smarts.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  10. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Come summer we ride our mountain bikes through the trails by the lake,those first couple rides you can feel every muscle screaming and your knees feel like they are going to seize:bigsmiley30: Then you ask yourself WHY