free website stats program Difference in cams | Harley Davidson Forums

Difference in cams

Can you give a little more information Like; what brand they are and IF you can give the specks of them, open close and lift etc. All that is needed to tell the difference, not just a ? part number.. I would(most will) be able to help...

This LINK is a good place to look IF you have more than the numbers you posted..
Big Boyz Head Porting - Powered by vBulletin

I'm Thinking these are HD SE cams out of bikes ?, I'd be NO help. Need the cam numbers like SE255 etc.OR look in a parts book from HD to get the type# of SE.

someone like Chopper would know though.

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks HDDon,,
BUT I still like to see the Name # like SE255 as MOST will understand the question better to compare cams NOT just the part number..

Using My posted link above would answer Most questions with All the Specks needed to compare the two.

Still don't see the first cam he wants information on though. WHAT SE cam is it ???

Part Numbers take too much of my time to look up and WHERE? not on this forum anymore with all the self help gone..:(

We'll Re-build it little by LITTLE:D

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks HDDon,,
BUT I still like to see the Name # like SE255 as MOST will understand the question better to compare cams NOT just the part number..

Using My posted link above would answer Most questions with All the Specks needed to compare the two.

Still don't see the first cam he wants information on though. WHAT SE cam is it ???

Part Numbers take too much of my time to look up and WHERE? not on this forum anymore with all the self help gone..:(

We'll Re-build it little by LITTLE:D

signed....BUBBIE

I agree BUBBIE the cam# is what most of us are looking for. It would also help if when they ask questions about performance upgrades that they tell us a little about the type of riding they do and if any other upgrades are planned.

Both are HD 255 just different pn. Some thing about splines maybe?????
WAP.gif
For 09 Ultra. Low rpm high torque

WAP.gif

From what I understand both cams, the front and rear can be bought individually and each has its own part number.

The later number is the part number of both cams together as a kit.

WAP.gif

After reading your original post, I tired searching for the answer. Before I got discouraged and quit, I saw that one of the numbers was a 255 cam and the other was a 255 with a 4° advance. ? :bigsmiley25:

Back