free website stats program Difference between an Ultra Classic and EGC | Harley Davidson Forums

Difference between an Ultra Classic and EGC

slk53

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the difference is between an Electra Glide Classic and an Ultra Classic Electra Glide. I am leaning towards buying a new Electra Glide Classic, but am wondering if I am missing something by not getting the Ultra Classic.

thanks in advance for your thoughts

Or head to the HD website - it's clearly spelled out what the key features and specs of each model are.

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the difference is between an Electra Glide Classic and an Ultra Classic Electra Glide. I am leaning towards buying a new Electra Glide Classic, but am wondering if I am missing something by not getting the Ultra Classic.

Just go ahead and get the Ultra -that way you won't second guess / doubt yourself if you buy the EGC !!!!!!!!

Mainly front Lowers, rear speakers, a CB that you'll never use, some different paint options and liners in the boxes. But it's stuff that if ya bought a EGC and added it a' la'cart it would cost more than just buyn' the Ultra. I'm all for buyn' the best ya can, like Mr. Lewis sez, then you'll won't be second guessn'. Take a look at the "one O" Ultra Classic Limited too, it comes with some cool candy, like a 103ci motor and some nice'er paint options, course, ya ain't gonna get a discount on one very soon.

I should have done a search first.

Thanks for the replies, this has been very helpful. I think the advice about buying the best you can is good, I am probably going with the Ultra Classic. I just hope and pray the dealer doesn't have a limited in stock when I go there.

..."Mainly front Lowers, rear speakers, a CB that you'll never use,"...
If you group ride you'll find the CB an invaluable option. Just got back from a 9 day and I'll tell you that if it hadn't been for the CB, things would have been a lot more scrambled.

..."Mainly front Lowers, rear speakers, a CB that you'll never use,"...
If you group ride you'll find the CB an invaluable option. Just got back from a 9 day and I'll tell you that if it hadn't been for the CB, things would have been a lot more scrambled.

That's assuming others in your group have a CB as well.

Well, I ride with our local HOG chapter and most have ultras and ultras have CBs as do the road captains. Makes life easier when you know when lane changes are coming up as well as road hazards. Also ride sometimess with a good friend who has a GW. (not something I talk about much but apart from that he's a great guy) Point is really nice to call him on the way to the meet point and know where he is.

I looked at the Ultra, the Classic and the Standard when before I purchased my '08.

Ended up going with the Classic as the Ultra just had to much stuff that I didn't want including the CB radio and the lower fairings.

For me the Classic had the options I wanted but still had a clean "classic" motorcycle look and ride.:D

Back