free website stats program Didn't Cover This at Basic Rider Course!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Didn't Cover This at Basic Rider Course!!

Do we have to refer to them as such? I much prefer "engine guards." Not that I believe in self fulfilling prophecies or anything. Damn, I know that's not spelled right. Still working on my first cup of coffee!

You know the old saying; a Rose by any other name is still a
Rose.

Last edited:
OK, probly a dumb question I know but, what is a road snake? Oil spot, or something else? Just curious so that I can avoid them.

I could be wrong but I'm thinking a road snake is a crack that's been filled with hot tar. When it gets hot out the tar softens up and becomes fairly slick. I have gotten little wobbles while rideing over them many times.

I am nick the new guy at bikes and I know its going to happen one day but I sure hope not, but these stories will help all us new guys to pay extra attention

tar.gif

Pics are worth a thousand words. Don't fear them, merely be aware, as in all things. But if it's really hot, these things can get soft and sticky, can grip at your tires if you're not cautious.

I wouldn't advise trying to do any "cute" maneuvers on them!

Thanks DK for the educational visual,:ap.

Now I know!:D

We have alot of highways with the "Hey Wake Up Rumble Strips" just on the outside of the white shoulder line. These are little 1/2 inch deep, 8 inch wide, 4 per foot, notches in the pavement. Hitting these when wandering on a corner sure do what they claim, scare the bejesus out of ya and make you slow right down in a hurry.

We have alot of highways with the "Hey Wake Up Rumble Strips" just on the outside of the white shoulder line. These are little 1/2 inch deep, 8 inch wide, 4 per foot, notches in the pavement. Hitting these when wandering on a corner sure do what they claim, scare the bejesus out of ya and make you slow right down in a hurry.

Some roads that are being re-paved here in E. Mo,they are putting the rumble strips down the center also!

The rumble strips down the center is becoming a big thing here in Pa too.They are a pain in the............buttox :D

Back