free website stats program Did this ever happen to any of you? | Harley Davidson Forums

Did this ever happen to any of you?

RidenChrome

Banned
:small3d031:I ride an '09 fat bob cvo screamin eagle, 110cu, 1803cc I was ridin off a dead stop at stop sign and guess I popped the clutch (hydraulic) too quickly and maaaaan sounded like an M80, bike stalled, and a huge puff of whitish bluish smoke came out of the heavey breather air filter and the bike smelled like it was burning!!! It freaked the (EDIT) outa me, told the wife to get off and wheeled it to the side and got off the bike and just stared at it and said what the (EDIT) ?:rider

She said start it start it, I wanted to wait till the smoke cleared, I thought for sure I blew the piston rod, a gasket/seal something major....
Started er up and all was fine, I was amazed. Called a Harley mechanic and he said its totally normal to happen if you pop the clutch just right in first gear.:yahoo

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, kind of like a sugar OD, it happens to all of us, move on you will be fine:s Hope you dont make too many mistakes here and can enjoy the Forum(language) will make or break you here mostly break, Capital Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
:small3d031:I ride an '09 fat bob cvo screamin eagle, 110cu, 1803cc I was ridin off a dead stop at stop sign and guess I popped the clutch (hydraulic) too quickly and maaaaan sounded like an M80, bike stalled, and a huge puff of whitish bluish smoke came out of the heavey breather air filter and the bike smelled like it was burning!!! It freaked the (EDIT) outa me, told the wife to get off and wheeled it to the side and got off the bike and just stared at it and said what the (EDIT) ?:rider

She said start it start it, I wanted to wait till the smoke cleared, I thought for sure I blew the piston rod, a gasket/seal something major....
Started er up and all was fine, I was amazed. Called a Harley mechanic and he said its totally normal to happen if you pop the clutch just right in first gear.:yahoo

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Sorry all, had no idea one letter of a bad word is not allowed here, will never happen again and sorry if I offended anyone.

We have a great Community as Tank always says but zero tolerance for language as you know now, hope you re read the rules and stick around, learn and contribute to the BEST on The Web:s

We have a great Community as Tank always says but zero tolerance for language as you know now, hope you re read the rules and stick around, learn and contribute to the BEST on The Web:s

It's actually kinda funny to my wife and I this language thing came up, as both of us never use any foul language ever (as in my posts I wrote 1 letter of a word with no spaces), the only reason it was written that way was placing one in the moment of the story and it was'nt even said in real life. She actually said when she read it, "you never swared"....
At any rate you will have no problem with me at all ever.

What happens when the engine suddenly stops from stalling is that sometimes the ignition fires and the engine tries to run backwards. The smoke you saw from the air cleaner was actually air fuel mixed that was exhausted backwards from the intake stroke suddenly becoming the exhaust stroke.

What happens when the engine suddenly stops from stalling is that sometimes the ignition fires and the engine tries to run backwards. The smoke you saw from the air cleaner was actually air fuel mixed that was exhausted backwards from the intake stroke suddenly becoming the exhaust stroke.

WoW, tries to run backwards when moving forward, that can't be too good for my new enginge?

Back