free website stats program Did the install | Harley Davidson Forums

Did the install

fisherman124

installed the TFI easy to do. but i pulled the tank no way i could get my hands in there . bike has more response to it. not sure of the heat did a short test ride , nintys here then . only thing that has me concerned is that it dropped my idle down to bout 5 or 6 hundred should i raise it up ??????
OH AND YES YOU WERE RIGHT AGAIN GLIDER LOL

only thing that has me concerned is that it dropped my idle down to bout 5 or 6 hundred should i raise it up?

What dropped your rpm? Installing the TFI would not have impacted this. What else was changed or adjusted? Your rpm should be up around 1k.

TQ

I agree with TQ. That is a bunch of RPM to loose. I am pretty sure you should be logging codes that the IAC stepper is pegged in an attempt to reach your target RPM set point of 1K.

Take a look and see if you have any idle RPM/IAC codes just to confirm the ECM is still in control of Idle set point..

no there arent any codes showing . your talking codes on the speedo i believe. yea i just installed the tfi ran it without touching anything else runs nice . at idle the gen 3 shows three solid green lights . bring up idle a little drops to 2 lights is there something i could have touched to change idle thats i have gen 3 dobeck

How's your highway miles? I changed my first green mode to 2.5 from 3.5 and I'm seeing better milage. I went from 49 to 41 after installing my Gen 3 on 2010 Road Glide Custom. I might drop green mode to 2 just to see how the bike runs and a little more gas milage.

not sure on milage not on long enough yet. i did drop first pod down also to get a better idle . also dropped down the decell pod for popping seemed a little better

Back