Did the install

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by fisherman124, Aug 10, 2010.

1. fisherman124

fisherman124 Active Member

installed the TFI easy to do. but i pulled the tank no way i could get my hands in there . bike has more response to it. not sure of the heat did a short test ride , nintys here then . only thing that has me concerned is that it dropped my idle down to bout 5 or 6 hundred should i raise it up ??????
    OH AND YES YOU WERE RIGHT AGAIN GLIDER LOL

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I would for better oiling and charging:s

3. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

What dropped your rpm? Installing the TFI would not have impacted this. What else was changed or adjusted? Your rpm should be up around 1k.

TQ

4. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

I agree with TQ. That is a bunch of RPM to loose. I am pretty sure you should be logging codes that the IAC stepper is pegged in an attempt to reach your target RPM set point of 1K.

Take a look and see if you have any idle RPM/IAC codes just to confirm the ECM is still in control of Idle set point..

5. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

GEN3 EJK, also by Dobeck, on my bike and the idle RPM didn't change at all.

6. fisherman124

no there arent any codes showing . your talking codes on the speedo i believe. yea i just installed the tfi ran it without touching anything else runs nice . at idle the gen 3 shows three solid green lights . bring up idle a little drops to 2 lights is there something i could have touched to change idle thats i have gen 3 dobeck

7. MrFah

MrFah Member

How's your highway miles? I changed my first green mode to 2.5 from 3.5 and I'm seeing better milage. I went from 49 to 41 after installing my Gen 3 on 2010 Road Glide Custom. I might drop green mode to 2 just to see how the bike runs and a little more gas milage.

8. fisherman124

not sure on milage not on long enough yet. i did drop first pod down also to get a better idle . also dropped down the decell pod for popping seemed a little better