free website stats program Did something really stupid Saturday night... | Harley Davidson Forums

Did something really stupid Saturday night...

Diesel_TX

Was riding with my wife Saturday. We had already done about 8 or 9 hours on the bike when we decided to go to the rodeo. I was in the wrong lane to turn in and moved to the left without a head check. I had lost track of the vehicles around me. Luckily the white VW passat WAS paying attention and broke in time for me to miss hitting them. I was really lucky. The VW driver must ride or it was just my lucky day. Please be careful...

Wow....I am glad for you and your wife that you were not hit..I think you were lucky..You are right about one thing, we realy need to be careful..:)

I go on another forum, and there's a lot of newbies there and a lot of stories how cagers do all kinds of stupid things. What i try to get across to them ''WE'' all do stupid things from time to time.
Glad you didn't get hit '
And also that the VW driver was on the ball.

very glad to hear you did not crash each and every one of us has made a mistake while riding. the important thing is that we learn from those mistakes.

Count me in on doing something stupid, things happen so fast and alot is out of our control. I've learned alot over the years and try not to repete my mistakes. Glad your OK.

Glad you were okay. I head check as my Wiley X prescription glasses take away some peripheral vision-

Glad you were okay. I head check as my Wiley X prescription glasses take away some peripheral vision-

Yep, good call mg.

And an opposite viewpoint, I know a dude that thought them split vision mirrors didn't need a head check. Luckily he only sideswiped the camaro at 70mpg.

To the OP, thanks for reminding all of us to ride safer. Glad you're ok.

Today... I did a smart thing and a stupid thing.

I practiced in the parking lot some low speed maneuvers to see how tightly I could turn. I did okay, ( I think ) but I could use more practice.

Made a sloppy lane change later on. Swept right more than I wanted to. The driver of the car in the lane I ended up in was already aware and slowed down to make room.

It wasn't drastic, had enough room. But the driver was doing a good "Heads Up".

Cheers!

Back