free website stats program Did I screw up my motor | Harley Davidson Forums

Did I screw up my motor

GA FATBOY

I have a 2005 fatboy, I installed a screaming eagle hi flow air filter and I'm waiting on my power commander and Vance and hines pipes to arrive. I took the bike out today and rode for about 70 miles and when I stopped for gas I heard a slight tapping sound, have I hurt my motor by riding it without installing the power commander and adjusting the fuel air ratio? the bike only has 5000 miles.

My intake/engine/exhaust are bone stock and my bike "ticks" after a ride when I shut it down and walk away. Seems to be perfectly normal to me for a large, hot hunk of metal (your engine) to make that noise as it cools off.

I put V&H Big Radious pipes and a screaming eagle hi flow air filter on my 06 fxsti at about 800 miles but could'nt get it in for a remap for a week I took it easy kinda lugged it for about 80 miles without any problems , we all know they already run on the hairy edge of disaster due to epa regs .I wouldn;t think you hurt it unless you hit kept it wound up tight . on 06 and earlier bikes you should be able to get the $149 remap and be fine with a good increase in hp and torque

Your not helping it much but they're tough.However if it pings then all bets are off.You will eventually ventilate a piston.

Back