free website stats program Did I make the Right choice? TFI instead of Gen 3 EJK? | Harley Davidson Forums

Did I make the Right choice? TFI instead of Gen 3 EJK?

First time poster here... I just got Bassni ProStreets and Kuryakyn Mach 2 installed on my 2013 Breakout. Bike shop put on a TFI Gen2. It's set at the recommended stage1 settings. Yesterday was the first day I got to ride for any distance with my new stage 1 installed. Everything was great till I gunned it and got above 4000 RPMs. It started sputtering pretty badly. I assume the Red adjustment isn't right but now looking at all these posts I wish I would have purchased the Gen3 EJK. I went with my bike mechanic's recommendation to go with the TFI.
Other than it not being turned right should I change out to the EJK? I like the idea of no pots but is the a good enough reason to change out the module?
Any suggestions / opinions would be a appreciated.
WAP.gif

My Electra Glide red lines at 5,500 RPM. Usually when a fueler is added you are able to raise red line by 500 to a 1,000 more. Sure you are not at the rev limiter....

I don't think so. I just reset the Red pot to 2:30 the stage 1 setting and ran it up the street 5 mins ago. No sputtering but I got the de- acceleration back I was trying to fix. That's the real reason I think I should have bought the EJK, only $5 more
WAP.gif

Sorry, I misspoke I meant I was adjusting the Green pot not the red pot. first time doing this called them out backwards. I was only adjusting the green pot
WAP.gif

I've had a TFI on my Electra Glide for 4-5 yrs. I was stage I, and recently installed new cams. Initial ride was with pre cam settings, and I had a lot of decell pop, and it just felt kind of weak. I adjusted everything slowly per the TFI instruction book. First I did the green, then yellow, then red (on the road). I did yellow and red until it ran poorly, then backed off a bit. I have no decell pop now. The bike was slow to reach redline until I adjusted the red pot. Now there is no problem. If your bike has not been run hard for a while, the sputtering could just be carbon build up. Don't be afraid to run it to the limiter. Stock rev limit is way lower than engine is capable of. The TFI does not change rev. limit. I've read about the Gen 3 EJK, but no hands on, so I can't comment.

First time poster here... I just got Bassni ProStreets and Kuryakyn Mach 2 installed on my 2013 Breakout. Bike shop put on a TFI Gen2. It's set at the recommended stage1 settings. Yesterday was the first day I got to ride for any distance with my new stage 1 installed. Everything was great till I gunned it and got above 4000 RPMs. It started sputtering pretty badly. I assume the Red adjustment isn't right but now looking at all these posts I wish I would have purchased the Gen3 EJK. I went with my bike mechanic's recommendation to go with the TFI.
Other than it not being turned right should I change out to the EJK? I like the idea of no pots but is the a good enough reason to change out the module?
Any suggestions / opinions would be a appreciated.
WAP.gif

Dymondrock, If your having running issues, you can give us a call for some tuning advice to get your TFI dialed in. 1.877.764.3337
If you are still thinking you want the EJK, let us know. Did you just purchase the TFI recently?

I bought the TFI in November. I had my bike shop add it when I had my first 1K oil change. I waited till Xmas for my breather and my pipes. I've got it set per the Stage 1 settings in your instructions for a 2013 Softail. My bike is a 2013 Breakout which has a 103 eng.

I'm still getting decel pops. Just wondering if I should have got the EJK instead.
WAP.gif

Dymondrock, If your having running issues, you can give us a call for some tuning advice to get your TFI dialed in. 1.877.764.3337
If you are still thinking you want the EJK, let us know. Did you just purchase the TFI recently?

I purchased the TFI in Nov. when my bike shop did the first 1K oil change. I have the pots at the recommended settings per the instructions. My bike shop said to wait till summer before I have one of their guys tune it. B utbthe top of your instructions it says " may not fix decel popping. Please purchase part number XYZ " which is an EJK unit
WAP.gif

Dymondrock,

Sounds like you have been in contact with a rep here at Dobeck Performance.
Give us a shout if you have any other questions or concerns.
Let us know how you like the EJK!

Dobeck Tech Support

Back