free website stats program diagnose | Harley Davidson Forums

diagnose

jimel

Ran the test and got Pn 67003-046 and pn 68923-00d and P0562 and norsp on my 2006 Heritage softail classic The check engine light comes on like usual and goe out after starting the engine and seconds later it comes back on for 5-7 seconds and goes out until the next time I start. Just put in a new harley battery also...thanks....jimel

The P0562 is saying you have low voltage, the other two numbers are part numbers. Did you get a fully charged battery? I would sure start with the ground connection on the frame. Tight and clean.

+1, check and clean all connections and fully charge battery. If you still get a code, load test the battery, new does not necessarily mean it's good. Have you checked the regulator? might be the next thing to check.

The P0562 is saying you have low voltage, the other two numbers are part numbers. Did you get a fully charged battery? I would sure start with the ground connection on the frame. Tight and clean.

I will try that thanks for your reply

thanks to all ...I put de-ox on the connections after cleaning the connectors i'll try all the suggestions and get back to you... or take the battery back to the Harley shop

Load test the battery first, always start at the source A fully charged battery should have 12.7 volts and hold a load of at least 10 volts
Make sure ALL connections are clean and tight
Verify ALL grounds
Check under the boot @ the starter solenoid for corrosion and make sure battery lug is clean and tight
Check that voltage regulator and stator plug are not oily and or melted

checked the connections tested the battery good, charging test was between 15.3 and jumps back and forth to 15.6 where is the voltage regulator? could that be it? jimel

Not sure about a softail but if it's like mine it will be just below the oil filter. Should be a black box with fins on it.

Back