free website stats program Diag not open (sporster 883r) | Harley Davidson Forums

Diag not open (sporster 883r)

hi guys, the diag of my bike does not open and consequently I can not see error codes, just as the speed pointer does not work, I've already reviewed the speed sensor and there's nothing wrong with it. Anyone have any idea what it can be?

As the sportster model has been around since 1957 a year model of your bike may help narrow things down a wee bit

Brian

Does your trip button work? Can you change from mileage to Trip A or B? Do the lights in the unit work? I could be wrong but if none of these thing work then I would look for a blown fuse.
tourbox

Does your trip button work? Can you change from mileage to Trip A or B? Do the lights in the unit work? I could be wrong but if none of these thing work then I would look for a blown fuse.
tourbox

Yes everything works normally A and B trip, all lights and all fuses are good. It's really really weird all this being so. I have reviewed the speed sensor and everything is OK too, the turn signal off functions normally work after a turn, which indicates that the speed sensor is working normally. I have no idea what it can be. I am thinking of restarting the ecm to see if it returns to normal.

That might work by resetting your ECM. Don't know if disconnecting battery and the unplugging the ECM will reset it or not. How did you plan to reset it??
tourbox

Back