free website stats program Deuce06 | Harley Davidson Forums

Deuce06

deuce06

Does anyone have any recommendations for handlebars for 2006 Deuce for replacement stock bars. I want to get Buckhorn or Mini Apes so that I do not have to lean over so much when riding. If anyone has replaced their bars with any bars that make the ride more comfortable, please let me know. Any other input to make the ride better would be appreciated. Does anyone have any knowledge of Seatmen solo seats for Deuce?

Have you tried adjusting your bars? I tilted mine back (towards me) some and the original bars seam ok for me, other than that, I probably won't be much help.

I have tried that and I need bars with more pull back so that I am not cramped forward when I ride. No problem for a few miles; however, for extended ride it gets really uncomfortable. I owned a 96 Softail Springer and the buckhorn bars on it really were nice. Thanks for the input.

Sorry can't help you with the bars I am 6'2" and just adjusted them back a bit and have no problems but I suppose its what you are used to that decides the comfort factor. One thing I did was to replace the stock shocks with progressive suspension as well as upgrade the front fork springs with progressive springs and put a thicker oil in the forks. The improvement in handling has been dramatic and it is more comfortable on long rides. I put about 20,000 miles a year on the bike and on long runs I gave a detachable back rest I fit which pushes you a bit more upright and stops my old back from giving me pain - Hope this helps - Roulph

Back