free website stats program Deuce Soft Saddlebags and Easy Bracket Mounting Issue | Harley Davidson Forums

Deuce Soft Saddlebags and Easy Bracket Mounting Issue

ncaraballo

Hi all, this is my first post on this forum I believe.

I have a 2007 FXSTD and purchased a set of OEM HD soft saddlebags #90404-00A and the applicable Easy Bracket mounting kit.

Now, when I go to attach the mounting plate to the saddlebags I find that the back panels of the bags are not flat. It looks like they have cutouts/patterns in the plastic for maybe the OEM HD saddlebag mounting kit?

I can't seem to find a space to place the bolts into the back of the bag without hitting one of the non-flat sections (i.e. there is a ridge on the inside of the bag or the back panel of the bag is too far away from the mount for the screws to reach all the way through).

Anyone ever have a similar issue?

Is there a way I can convert the bags to a flat back so that the Easy Brackets can mount correctly or should I just go for the OEM HD saddlebag mounting kit?

I did order the Turn Signal Relocation Kit but according to Easy Bracket you shouldn't need to use it, and looking at the backs of the bags I don't think it would matter, it seems there are just too many bumps back there to mount the bracket properly.

I really like the look of the "Deuce" bags but want the clean look of the Easy Bracket when the bags are off the bike.

Thanks for any help you can provide, I can post some pictures if that helps.

I can't really help you on what you need here, but in my research, the cost of getting the correct parts to keep the bike 'clean' when the bags are off just could not be justified by me. :) I really like the deuce without the bags, and would only use them for long rides.

I opted for a bag that I can use with the back rest & seat/or luggage rack for when I'm by my self. When hubby rides along, I can usually use one of his saddle bags, though that seems to be getting harder to commandeer. :D

Best of luck to you.

Joy,with all you have helped your hubby out with on his ride he should give you a key to one of his saddlebags and say thankyou!:D

LOL, I think he will get me the RK before he will let me 'have' a key to a saddle bag. :D All I have to do is make up my mind; & you all know what a challenge that is for a woman. :newsmile040:

Back