free website stats program DEUCE handlebar ideas? | Harley Davidson Forums

DEUCE handlebar ideas?

NYSDEUCERIDER

I have a 07 Deuce and love the bike, but as we all know, there is always some little thing you would like a little different. I'm no different!

What I would like to know, has anyone found an easy, inexpensive way to bring the handlebars back to me about two to three inches? I'd really rather not get into new cables. Has anyone figured out a lowbuck way to do this? Maybe different risers or maybe even another handlebar that is visually similar to my stock bars but that comes back a little?

Certainly not a panic thing, but would eliminate that little pinpoint of fire I get between my shoulders some days.

Thanks for any ideas, suggestions, pictures or whatever!

You can usually get a couple of inches out of re-routing cables, wires and brake lines to add some some pull back risers or different handle bars with no problems, however any more than that and you are really pushing it. Then it is a matter of longer cables, lines and wires. Good luck and by all means be careful, if you put to much tension on the throttle cables when you turn you will actually accelerate the throttle. Good Luck and be safe.

If my mental imaging is working right, its seems that the Deuce already has about 4" bent back risers... I think longer risers would end up looking rather strange. the bars are pretty small and straight if I remember right. You might try a set of mild beach bars. Just give you a little more pull back is all. Would look good on that bike too. IMO

Back