free website stats program Detachable windshield for Sportster | Harley Davidson Forums

Detachable windshield for Sportster

cedarbrook63

Anyone got any advice or opinions on the best size of windshield - preferably detachable - to fit on my XL883? I'm fairly short - 5'7" if that has any relevance :D. I've read about some windshields causing enough buffetting to blow off the rider's sunnies!!!

Any advice or info would be welcome.

Thanks guys and gals.

Just put on the HD smoked shorter one 58602-04 on my Sporty, the QR mounting hardware and supports are first rate (see pg 68 of the '09 HD Parts & Accessory catalog). Functionally it works fine for me at 5' 6"...top is about 3" below my sight horizon, which may be a wee bit low for you. Of course in England you can probably get good prices on E-bay and the like as MSRP is $385 USD and there are always good deals to be had on the Internet. :newsmile093:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_U...ories/2009_GMA_Catalog/HD_GMA09_sportster.pdf

I've got a 08 1200C. I ordered mine from H-D. $373. or something like that.
Quick release clamps. Mine works great. I can comfortably ride with 1 hand at over 85mph. Tracy

I have part number 58601-04 xl quick release windshield on my 06 1200c. Love the quick detach for detailing purposes, about 5 seconds on and off. I stand 5'8 and it works great for me. If they could only make them bug proof.:bigsmiley12:

Here is how to make bugs not stick. Clean all shield and metal surfaces very carefully with clear filtered water on a nice calm warm day, to soften and remove all bugs and debris. Wipe with a clean white cotton ol' T-shirt, then give it a light dusting of PLEDGE, and wipe to clear streak free shine...there I said it! That should give Glider's J & J stock a bump up! :D

Thanks all :D.
This is why this site is just so good. Good advice straight from the horse's (or at least the rider's :D:D).

And to top it - now I know how to keep the bugs off.

Thanks again everyone.

Just put on the HD smoked shorter one 58602-04 on my Sporty, the QR mounting hardware and supports are first rate (see pg 68 of the '09 HD Parts & Accessory catalog). Functionally it works fine for me at 5' 6"...top is about 3" below my sight horizon, which may be a wee bit low for you. Of course in England you can probably get good prices on E-bay and the like as MSRP is $385 USD and there are always good deals to be had on the Internet. :newsmile093:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_U...ories/2009_GMA_Catalog/HD_GMA09_sportster.pdf

Special thanks for the reference to the catalogue :D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back