free website stats program Detachable Tour Pak | Harley Davidson Forums

Detachable Tour Pak

I put it on my 07 FLHT when I bought the bike, since the standard doesn't come with it. I love the fact that I can remove it for any reason and only takes about a minuite to do. Pretty solid mount with no rattles or squeaks and when it's off there is very little hardware stickin' out to see.
Harley.

Similar situation - I ADDED the detachable tour pack to my '08 FLHX. Occasionally I like to ride without it but it's so convenient to have back there, it probably stays on 90% of the time. It's ALWAYS on when my wife rides with me beacause of the added back support, comfort, and extra stuff that comes along!

I loved how it changed the look of my husband's bike. It is easy enough to take off & put back on when he wants.

Thanks,
The rack is expensive, but the dealer's giving me a $2000.00 gift card in my deal.
Might as well have them throw it on. Figure I'll have 2 different looks that way.
Went out to buy a Glide and got to thinkin, if I removed the pack on an Ultra, I'd have close to the same look.

My opinion - you're buying an Ultra. Ultra's are touring bikes that come with tour packs. Ultra's look great and complete with the tour pack. A tour pack is SUPER handy over 90% of the time.

I'd spend the gift card on other things - grips, better speakers, TFI, etc.

Have the chopped tour pack mounted with the detachable bracket on my 2011 SG. Can remove completely or put just the backrest on as both are designed to share the same mounting bracket. Real happy with the set up.

This is straying from a 2011 Ultra, but I have one of the leather ones for the RK, and I wouldn't own a bike where I wouldn't have the option of removing it. Bike vanity maybe, but I like the looks of a stripped down RK or Street Glide. An Ultra without a Tour Pak fits right in.

This is straying from a 2011 Ultra, but I have one of the leather ones for the RK, and I wouldn't own a bike where I wouldn't have the option of removing it. Bike vanity maybe, but I like the looks of a stripped down RK or Street Glide. An Ultra without a Tour Pak fits right in.

That's my thinking too. Best of both worlds

I never said I didn't like the looks of a bike without the tour pack. I love the clean lines of a Street Glide or the classic look of a Road King. I'm just a member of the club that learned once you have one, it hardly ever comes off because they're so handy!

Besides, I don't think an Ultra without the tour pack looks as good as the afore mentioned Street Glide or Road King. It just looks like an Ultra without the tour pack! Have you thought about getting one of those bikes and ADDING a detachable tour pack?

I know I'm probably in the minority on this, as I so often am, but I thought I'd throw my opinion out there.

All that really matters is what makes YOU happy with YOUR bike!

Back