free website stats program detachable tour pak | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

detachable tour pak

Get it from HD dealer that offers discounts and just consider it one of those functional needs rather than add on want or plain "bling"...the convenience will pay for itself especially if you go on long rides solo or more so if you ride two-up!

I went with the detachable on my RG. Truth is I seldom ever take it off. Once you get use to have the storage you use it.
Once in a while I will pull it off and put my other seat on just for a change, it only takes a few minutes to remove tour pack and chnage seat. I alos like the way it looks ith out tour pack, but not out to look good .
The detachable tour pack and a different seat is one way to keep the bike intresting making a new on seem a bit less like a good Idea. You can chnage it up so it almost seems like a new bike.
100_0348.jpg

100_0352.jpg

Smitty, great looking motorcycle and nice looking JD in the background as well! Wish I had one of those...

Back to the topic of detachable tour-packs, another good idea is a rack that you can mount on the wall for storing your tour-pack while it is off the bike. I know in my shop that if I keep leaving it on the floor or the bench, it's just going to be a matter of time before it gets scratched of damaged.

I have seen a wall mounted storage rack for sale ( cant remember if Harlely sells them or not) but it would be really simple to build one with about five dollars worth of steel. Just a simple L shaped frame with a couple of steel tubes welded in between so you can slide the tour pack on and lock down just like when its on the bike. I haven't built one yet but its on my list of things to do.....

Back