free website stats program detachable tour pak | Harley Davidson Forums

detachable tour pak

rterryhatch

:small3d002::small3d002::small3d002: i have a 08 Ultra which i just love and would like to take off the tour pak when I really don't have the need for it. I was looking on the Harley web site and found one for an 09 but would really like to have one for my 08. Is there anyone out there who has any idea if anything like this is available? I am fairly new to this site but gotta tell ya that so far I have found the information invaluable and that having "your expertise" on virtually everything HD has really been interesting. Anyone out there have any ideas?

:majesty:majesty:majesty:thanks

I installed a detachable kit on my 08 Electra-Glide last year.

The motorcycle looks way better without the tour-pack for blasting around but of course when heading out on on a trip, tour-pack re-installs in about 1 minute or less.

Very handy and mounting kit works well.

Lots of little bits and pieces involved in the installation kit but pretty straight forward as long as you are patient.

Probably rates about two, maybe three beers to put it together.:D

Detach kit for 08 touring models $340 if you have a 09 it's $530
Yes the MoCo has ways of ripping us off

Have detachable tour pack on my ride as well, and would not trade it for the world. Great investment!
l_b28a19d6fa0b4f0b8fc3a96fe429ed80.jpg

l_935633580d8147f48a82bdb0c51135b0.jpg

I'll join the choir and say I too have the detachable TP on my 09 EG. I also changed out the stock seat for a RK seat, as the "rear" seat isn't as large as the stock, which overall lends to how it appears and heck, I don't carry a second person anywho. The TP can be put-on/taken-off by yourself, however I prefer to do it while it's empty! I bought the TP bag liner such that I can attach it empty, then place the bag inside ~ no sweat ... for I believe in the saying, "Call in Sick, Lets Ride!!"

Detach kits are almost $200 more of the 09 tours than the 08s
Paying over $500 for detach kit is ridiculous
This is one of the reason I bought a 09 SG instead of a 09 EGC
I figured I would be doing alot more ride with out a tourpak
than with one . I wish I could find a cheaper way around this
I would like to have a tourpak to use once in a while

Back