free website stats program Detachable sissybar positioning | Harley Davidson Forums

Detachable sissybar positioning

JohnTB

Is there a way to position the detachable sissybar on a Roadking more to the rear? I have a standard height sissybar with front docking points and that reduces the usable seat space. Anybody with similar experience? Does the high sissybar improve this? Has anybody used the bracket of the front docking point to place the point docking point so it matches the sisybar distance with the rear docking point? I know, many questions...

I know on my 2008 Electra Glide, the the sissy bar is very upright and the pad of sissy bar covers the seat pad by a couple of inches. The design is such that when the Misses is on bike she does not run out of pad or seat. Kinda holds her like a glove. I will say it does look strange but works very well.. I do not see any way to adjust it....

It's the 'like a glove' position that the misses doesn't like...not comfortable for the longger trips. And she is just average, 5ft 6in. We're also looking for a different seat where she can sit higher up and look over my shoulder instead of being behind my helmet. So that should also make me look for the higher bar I guess.

Friend of mine had same problem with his RK, solved it, but it cost him. He put the leather HD tour pack on and set it back a little further on it's rack then changed the seat out to a larger touring seat that had a wider and larger rear pad for the his wife, she is a tiny thing 5'4' 100 lbs. now she can see over his shoulder instead of leaning around him.

That is also an option we have in mind, either the King Tourpack or the Leather tourpack.
I have been looking at the Tallboy (I am 6'4'', not really tall), The Sundowner Deep Bucket and the Pillow Look seat. I have Corbin seats on my VStar 1100 Classic, and these are actually very good. Can you let me know which seat your friend went with?

Just called him and his seat is called the "Tallboy" said he got it off ebay for $175 plus like 20 bucks shipping. Said it was from a dealer up north but cannot remember name. If it helps I asked him his hieght and he is 6 foot 3 inches tall 200lbs, his wife is 5 foot 4 inches 108 lbs. He claims she sits with plenty of room to spare and can now see over his shoulder when they ride. He has a pretty much stock ride except the tour pack and a few engine mods.

Back