free website stats program Design Software for Customizing of Harley's | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Design Software for Customizing of Harley's

i have a question from canada, PM me with your suggestions and tips. I have a 03 sportster with 16" apes on it and heres what i want to do. Remove the apes and go drag.......again, which is irrelevant but i need to know from someone with the knowledge what kind of modifications i can make to the rear end without violating DOT of british columbias rules. if i had it my way i would have no rear fender at all, AT ALL, yes i know about rocks and rain and peoples personal opinions but can anyone tell me if i can do this legally

I created this in MicroSoft Power Point. At the time I wanted to put a Kawasaki engine in a Harley frame.

Attachments

• GSXR PROJECT.gif
    GSXR PROJECT.gif
    20.4 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for all your replies ,

I have found something that "may" be what i am looking for, but where i am currently residing let's just say that some web sites just don't seem to work well. I am trying to get through using proxies or whatever. If there are any IT geeks (sorry , i am professionals :) ) ..

The site is like [link removed] .. as found on google ..

Thanks ..

Thanks Guys .

I am not looking to design in 3d, and then generate cnc programs or the such. Just a simple concept tool to see variations of different angles, forks, rear fenders, wheels, pipes, etc. I know this will not be easy to come by, but it seems for custom bike guys this could be very useful. Anyway thanks for the info, i will look up T recks for more info.

I did find something called virtual-cycles that seems to say it has this software, but where i am in asia i cannot see and access certain sites
All the best , and thanks again

I have been in the automotive tooling & fixture design buisness for 30yrs, I did
it drawing on the board and with cad systems (Auto Cad, Catia, and UGNX)
These are full blown cad systems lots of $$$$. I have a older version
of UG (Unigraphics) that I have probably around 20 or so Harleys that I have
drawn. One has complete Sportster motor with all internal parts.
The reason I mention this is it takes quite a while to master these systems
in order to be able draw (actually model) on them.
I Hope this helps if you have any questions leave me a message and e-mail.
and I while try to answer any question you have.

Back