free website stats program Desert Dawgs vs Air Lite | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Desert Dawgs vs Air Lite

Check out the Harley ones before you choose. They are well worth the looking. Get the better ones that they offer for about $60.

Glider and All,

The H-D motorcycle chaps are now on the new 2011 Street Glide, I used the ones off of my 2008 Road King, they seem be working just fine. I may still get the Air Lites but I'll wait a month or two to decide. The Air Lites seem to go one very easily. H-D chaps are tight and I had to warm them up to get them on.

I also have to wonder about having to remove them once it gets over 50 degrees. I did read a couple of the responses who said they left them on to 60 or 70 degrees without any apparent effect. This leads me to ask what's the difference in the two or three brands, why do the H-D's have to come off at 50 degrees and the others can stay on?

I wanted to thank all that responded, I really appreciate all of your opinions.

Sam

Glider and All,

I also have to wonder about having to remove them once it gets over 50 degrees. I did read a couple of the responses who said they left them on to 60 or 70 degrees without any apparent effect. This leads me to ask what's the difference in the two or three brands, why do the H-D's have to come off at 50 degrees and the others can stay on?

I wanted to thank all that responded, I really appreciate all of your opinions.

Sam

50..60... They do block some airflow not to mention they are not the least bit aerodynamic. Once temps are in the 50's n up range you shouldn't need them to stay warm (from knees down). If so; chaps for yourself or perhaps you should look into hard lowers that keep the wind off you and aim more air at the engine for cooling in 60...70's n up temps. IMO.. If one Manu.(soft lowers) covers their (EDIT) and claims above 50* could "block" too good and allow your bike to overheat...a competitor has to say theirs is good to 60* Someone kept a set on in the 70's..um ok but I wouldn't even if there were no ill effects...again aerodynamics or lack of eatin up fuel.
SC

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back