free website stats program Desert Dawgs vs Air Lite | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Desert Dawgs vs Air Lite

TXRKC - Dont feel bad, I didnt know they were called motorcyle chaps either. :newsmile070:

Like Dr. Dolittle says, learning is addicting here. :bigsmiley24:

I have a set of Desert Dawgs....I got those as opposed to the HD set, because HD says not to use theirs if the temp is above 50 degrees. The Desert dawgs can be used regardless of the temperature, so even in warmer weather they can be used in case of rain.
The Desert Dawgs are nice...on/off in a matter of seconds. I'd recommend them.

The Desert Dawgs cost almost 3 times more then the HD soft lowers and were harder to put on then the HD soft lowers. As far as temps are concerned I have run the HD lowers in temps up to 75 degrees, HD tells you not to run them over 50 but that is just to cover their butt. You really don't need lowers over 60 degrees unless it is raining.

As far as temps are concerned I have run the HD lowers in temps up to 75 degrees, HD tells you not to run them over 50 but that is just to cover their butt. You really don't need lowers over 60 degrees unless it is raining.

I have also used mine above 50. And boy do they work great when it is raining. :bigsmiley24:

Wanted to get lowers for my Road King but the problem with soft lowers in south Florida is that you can't use them in temps above 50 degrees. My solution was to just buy an Ultra Classic. Bit more expensive but have never looked back.
WAP.gif

Thanks for the opinions, but does anyone have a set of air lites? They seem to have a clean look and can also stay on if one wishes. They also have some type of mesh in the middle to let air in, but keep rocks and debris out It also looks like they just slip on and are easy to put on and take off.

I will consider the ones from HD.

Sam

Thanks for the opinions, but does anyone have a set of air lites? They seem to have a clean look and can also stay on if one wishes. They also have some type of mesh in the middle to let air in, but keep rocks and debris out It also looks like they just slip on and are easy to put on and take off.
Sam

I can only speak of the Airlite and yes they are so easy to put on and take off. It's one piece and simply slip over the left side bar then open the right side and slip over the bar. perfect fit and now you press the frontside to it's backside and velcro holds it snug and off the fender. The center mesh will allow air to motor and keep debri off. I didn't order mine with Hwy peg cutouts or pockets. Roll it up slip it in it's sleeve and fits in saddlebag nicely. No straps, snaps, buckles. Very nice

Or Elephant ears......:s

LOL.... thats what I thought batwings were. :)

I also have Air Lites...and am VERY pleased with them. Take all of 1 minute to put them on, 20 seconds to take them off.

Thanks SunCruise & bigcletus, that's the information I wanted. I was at the dealer last weekend getting service and I did look at the ones from Harley, as it turned out the ones off my Road King are suppose to fit the my new Street Glide. I will have to try to put on my olds as I tried once before and they seemed to be too small, but I was in a hurry at the time. Tomorrow I have plenty of time to see if they fit.

What I like about the Air Lites is the clean look they have and now that I know how easy they go on and off I think I will go ahead and order some Air Lites.

I appreciate all of the responses!

Sam

Back