free website stats program Derby cover gasket | Harley Davidson Forums

Derby cover gasket

little_earl

I have a Willie G derby cover and am changing out the primary oil. The gasket the dealer gave me is a big cork gasket with a raised red rubber seal on it. My question is do I need to put some sealent on it also?

No sealant necessary. Use the proper marked side inwards. You can also reuse the factory "O" ring many times before replacing it.

Should have added here with the stock cover. Not sure about the Willie G cover if the stock "O" ring can be reused with that cover.

Last edited:
Its dependent of year. What was installed on cover when removed???

Its dependent of year. What was installed on cover when removed???
Right on again, if the cover is smooth inside with no channel for the O ring he will have to use the new cardboard and silicone bead gasket

It's an 06
And I haven't done it yet - but YouTube vids show the original o ring with the orig cover is replaced with a gasket

one time I ordered by part number for the o ring I got the gasket with the red rubber seal
Remove o ring place to one side for other uses and fit the gasket it works fine on my 2 big twins and easier to keep in place when fitting the derby cover

Brian

It's an 06
And I haven't done it yet - but YouTube vids show the original o ring with the orig cover is replaced with a gasket
You will need a gasket.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/skull-derby-cover-25441-04a
Fits '99-later Evolution® 1340, ’99-later Dyna® and Softail® and ’99-’15 Touring and Trike models (except FLHTCUL, FLHTKL or '07-’15 Touring or Trike models with Narrow-Profile Outer Primary Cover P/N 25700385 or 25700438). Installation on '06-later Dyna®, ’07-later Softail®, '07-‘15 Touring and Trike models require separate purchase of Gasket P/N 25416-99C.
http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline...asket-clutch-cover-25416-99c?page_580440596=6

Here is the file on the Derby cover with instructions and pictures and part numbers, The gasket is shown not included, it shows the part number the dbmg pointed out to you

Attachments

• Derby cover gasket.PDF
    382.5 KB · Views: 8
Back