free website stats program Denim Paint | Harley Davidson Forums

Denim Paint

craigc

Can anyone tell me how the black Denim paint is holding up. What will it look like in three to four years. I like the paint but I am scared I will not like it in 2 years.

I agree with your reservations.Ive been painting cars and bikes since the laquer days.Now its all waterbourne.

The Denim finishes cant be touched up,buffed or reproduced without great expense.Even as a painter, Im staying far away from Denim.Though I like it.

My wife's is a year old and holding up well.

I have heard a lot of complaints about fading but what everyone seems to forget is that it is suppossed to fade like a pair of blue jeans.

I had my Crossbone both in the snow and for the past 1.5 years here in the UAE where it is very very hot and the wind blows the sand, feels like being sand blasted. It seems to be holding up fine to me, if any fading it seems to be overall (not just the tank or so). I had a show bike, which was a pain, now it doesn't matter to me, as long as no scratches or chips, I bought it to ride, just wash it and go....

The denims are matte finishes. They DO have a clear-coat - a matte clear-coat. Touch-ups can be done but...... Like painting with the PPG Harlequins and other exotics, it is not something that just anyone can do and with that said, yes it can be expensive.

Because they are matte, they do fade faster than a gloss paint simply because they are non-reflective.

It is currently a popular trend, taking the blacking out to the next level and like any trend, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It all comes down to personal preference - one of the great things about our hobby/adiction.

Back