free website stats program Demystifying Pledge | Harley Davidson Forums

Demystifying Pledge

Sharky1948

What's in Pledge and why does it make our bikes shiny?

Contents:

1. Water 65-85% (just for volume)
2. Polydimethylsiloxanes (Silicon oil) 5-10% (makes the bike shiny)
3. Naphtha, petroleum, hydrotreated heavy 5-10% (cleaner/solvent that evaporates quickly)
4. Hydrocarbon propellant blend (propane/isobutane/butane) 7-13% (gets it out of the can)

If you want something a lot cheaper, just make sure the bike is very clean and spray on some silicone...very shiny!

ps. If you want to compare the various products, go here: Household Products Database - Health and Safety Information on Household Products

Last edited:
works like nothing else I've ever tried. Even did my cage with it this weekend (mostly because I was to lazy to do the whole wax on wax off thing).Came out looking good. The guys at work even comented on how good it looked today. This is no small thing from this bunch! I'm a believer!

What's in the new Pledge multi surface? I tried it on my bike on the weekend and just fell in love with the stuff. Came back from a ride and didn't use any soap at the car wash to clean the bugs off, they just came right off. It went on and polished real easy and I didn't have to worry about over spray. You need to try this stuff.

Tried the pledge a few weeks back cause I was too lazy to wax.I got caught in the rain soon after.When i was washing the fairing didn't bead up at all one week later.Might I suggest a good coat of wax the use a wax enhancer to keep that shine up as it goes on and rubs in like pledge .

Back