free website stats program Demon Deuce, no fire to plugs | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Demon Deuce, no fire to plugs

There are 4 wires going to the Data Plug. What color are they. Also associated pin number for each.

I'll have to go out and look, just give up for today! I noticed that every once in awhile it will spark when you release starter button. I checked cps at ecm terminals and have aboiut 3 volts so I know its working. Is there anyway to check ecm or like in the automobile world "try known good unit"

1---green with red tracer
2 ---black
3---green with grey tracer
4---grey
In automotive world the old electronic ignition would spark when you let of the key and that usually meant module, so?

1---green with red tracer
2 ---black
3---green with grey tracer
4---grey

That's pretty close. Pin 3 should be Green w/ violet tracer.

When trying to extract the blinking code, did you have the Run/Kill switch in RUN? The jumper must be installed 1st before turning the ignition on. The manual is not specific on whether the Run switch needs to be in Run or Kill when booting. I would try Both ways.

Also, check and see if you have constant 12v on Terminal A (yellow w/ Green tracer) of the coil when the ignition is ON and during cranking.

That code needs to be extracted. I have this feeling it is going to be a Map sensor code. But before going through all the trouble of testing it, try again on pulling that code.

Double check pin 3 of data plug. That tracer color being gray (and not violet) is a loose end for me.

Do you have a Power commander or any type of Black Box on this bike? Fuel enrichment Black Box or anything like that. Bone stock?

Dont see any difference. I have jumper wire with aligator clip on plug and other aligator clip to ground. I know in the past it has worked, not sure about both plugs out

Do have jumper hooked up first, do have 12v at coil and power comander disconnected.

But did you try with Run switch off and Run switch On.
Yes 12volts but was it while cranking.
What about tracer wire color on communication plug.
Power commander is now completely removed. Bike is back to "electrical" stock? No other add on's.

These ECMs are very robust when on their own. But having a power commander plugged in at one time could certainly change that.

Inspect the ECM male and female connector for damaged pins.

The reason why plugs need to be installed is because this engine does not have a cam sensor. It is single fire ignition and the injectors are sequential fire. The crank sensor alone can't do all that. Ignition & injector phasing is derived with the map sensor and in some part with ion sensing.

Back