free website stats program Demon Deuce, no fire to plugs | Harley Davidson Forums

Demon Deuce, no fire to plugs

I have an 03 se deuce that I bought about 4 months ago. Due to a rubber plug over oil light that lead to complete engine rebuild. Then I found a hole in fuel line inside tank. Got it all worked out and have put about 200 miles on it and things are going great. After sitting about 2 weeks it would not start. No fire to plugs so I am thinking cps. Replaced it and I had fire for about 3 revolutions and then none. I have good voltage, changed coil with known good one, checked connection at cps and still no fire. Seem like I noticed a weak spark one time, not sure. Is there anyway to check ecm? Any help would be appreciated. I do have fire to coil while cranking.

During the process of trying to get the new engine running I lost fire to plugs but after checking connections and hooking battery charger up it started. I just assumed that battery voltage was low, not sure if that was it or not..Also it is fuel injected. P.S. I really need some help before I pull what little hair I have left out

I also have checked codes and have none!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the code model of your bike. FXSTSI ?
How are you checking for spark? Pulling just 1 plug wire and using spark tester gap tool?

Also,
Are you using a test wire at the diagnostic plug to check for codes? During an ECM boot (key ON), the check engine light does not come back on for 8 seconds? See attachment.

Attachments

• 2003 Boot.pdf
    35.7 KB · Views: 11
fxstdse, and yes the eng light comes on. I will have to go and run thru the proceedure again to be certain how long and how many times. I have been checking and checking and dont remember exactly. I am jumping 1 and 2 for the diagnotic codes. To check spark plug I have both plugs out with a jumper wire grounding them. Thanks

Let me go and check it again here in a little while and I'll get back. Thanks

Is it best to put the run swich on before turning ignition switch on or put ign switch on and then turn run switch on?

It doesn't say but I would have run switch On before anything else.

Attachments

• 2003 Diag.pdf
    30.5 KB · Views: 4
Light comes on 4 sec, goes out and comes on for 8 sec and staiys off

So it appears I do have a historic code. Why does it no show when I jumper 1 and 2?

Just checked it again. Jumper 1 and 2 turn igh switch on, light on 4 sec off 4 sec and on 8 sec and then nothing. Left it on for a good minute and nothing

Back