free website stats program Demo Ride Accidents/Damages | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Demo Ride Accidents/Damages

Status
Not open for further replies.
JDPEagle, and everyone else who posted in this thread - THANK YOU!

This is another one of those things in life that we just don't think about much and we're all guilty of operating on way too many assumptions. This thread has been a real eye opener for me.

In conclusion, all I can say for now is - "Bye Bye Killer Creek HD!" You will never see my smiling face again if this is how you treat your existing/potential customers AND your bikes!

Just spoke to the owner of the local HD dealer in reference to this issue.

This is what I was told...

If it was the MOCO truck furnishing the bikes like they do here, the MOCO absorbs any damages with no charges to the rider.

If it was the dealer who furnished the bikes for the demo day, then HE is covered by insurance and the local dealer said that they have never or will never charge for any damage to a bike on demo day if it was their bikes being used that received the damage.

It sounds like Killer Creek Harley-Davidson may be looking to collect from both parties possibly (Insurance and rider). It would be a shame if the MOCO found out what Killer Creek was doing with the damaged parts to eliminate their costs to repair the bike.:D
Quite frankly, If I was told that I would have to pay for any damages, they would never sell me a bike in the future and I wouldn't do business with them at all.

Thanks Glider for running this info down, yeh I bet The MOCO would like to know whats going on here

It just so happens that I was at that Demo Event, and actually witnessed the events unfold. It didn't quite happen the way it has been described. The Mrs. came specifically to ride the Street Glide. She rides an XL and is ready for a bigger bike, good for her. She test rode the FXDC first and said she was ready for the Street Glide. She seemed to do guite well, except for her attempt to turn and stop at the end. The bike went down on the inside edge. She said it was just to big. I think it was a basic error that most riders could easily make at slow speeds. She didn't want to ride anything else; however her better half JDPEagle continued to ride bikes for at least 3 more rides, and actually seemed to enjoy it. It is a shame that everyone is so quick to bash the dealer. Based on the Assumption of Risk Agreement the dealer could easily be asking for the full retail payment for the damage that was done. Certainly, there were plenty of witnesses to the bikes condition prior and after she dumped it. The fact that the dealer tried to reduce your financial responsibility and didn't press for a bike sale in lieu of the miniscule repairs indicates to me where their heart is. I enjoy these events. I take responsibility for my actions. It sounds like someone is looking for justification to keep from paying for something they assumed responsibility for...It also sounds like you found a pretty good dealer dude.

It just so happens that I was at that Demo Event, and actually witnessed the events unfold... It also sounds like you found a pretty good dealer dude.

Welcome to the forum, Ed, General Manager of Killer Creek Harley-Davidson.

My wife does not appreciate your lack of respect for her privacy (as she does know others on this forum). I opened this thread to see if these actions were typical of other dealerships, and ironically, it is your own actions which continue to emphasize your unworthiness of my future business.

My final check to KCHD is in the mail. You have lost a few very good customers. :58:

OK, before this turns into a bashing contest, this thread is closed.

Thunder1
Based on the Assumption of Risk Agreement the dealer could easily be asking for the full retail payment for the damage that was done.
They could also use their insurance to cover the damages too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back