free website stats program Deluxe saddlebaggs | Harley Davidson Forums

Deluxe saddlebaggs

bigrich51

I have a 06 Deluxe and I am looking to put heritage saddlebags on it. I have aftermarket exhaust so clearance is not an issue. the mounting holes on the rear fender struts are spaced 9.25 in apart. I know newer heritage's and deluxe have a spacing of 6.25 in but in 05 and 06 they were farther apart. I have seen other deluxes with these bags on them. What I need to know is what year of heritages have the 9.25 spacing and what mounting kit is needed to fit the deluxe. I hope I havent been too confusing and I hope someone can help. thank you

How about making your own brackets? Just get a piece of 1/4" steel, shape it, drill holes where you need them,chrome or paint them and you should be good to go. You'll only be adding 1/4" of width to each side, not even noticable.

DIY brackets probably are okay, but by the time you put all that labor in and dressing and finishing it up (steel rusts), you could get the properly designed and TESTED bracket hardware, with replaceable bits, warranty, integrated easy on/easy off design and some are made that blend right into the bike, so it looks like you normally ride without the bags. JMHO

Typical powder cure cycles are 325-375°F at 12-20 minutes. The self cleaning oven is much higher than that.

Back