free website stats program Deluxe model saddle bags | Harley Davidson Forums

Deluxe model saddle bags

harleypr

Account Removed
I have an 09 Deluxe that I want to add bags to. I have researched quite a bit but would like your input. I have some Leatherworks products and I like their model 120 with the braid and basket weave but are the rigid lined leather better? Harley makes a model 53015-05B that is designed for the Deluxe. It looks nice but I hate to drop $600 on it if the response isn't good. I will probably add the rear fender rack 53649-05 at the same time. When will I ever be through adding accessories to my bike? All opinions welcomed.

The saddle bags I'm referring to are the rounded design that Harley makes for the Deluxe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might want to check out leatherpros.com. Ihave a set of their bags on my bike. they are very sturdy.

I have an 09 Deluxe that I want to add bags to. I have researched quite a bit but would like your input. I have some Leatherworks products and I like their model 120 with the braid and basket weave but are the rigid lined leather better? Harley makes a model 53015-05B that is designed for the Deluxe. It looks nice but I hate to drop $600 on it if the response isn't good. I will probably add the rear fender rack 53649-05 at the same time. When will I ever be through adding accessories to my bike? All opinions welcomed.

The saddle bags I'm referring to are the rounded design that Harley makes for the Deluxe.

It never ends just too much bling out there and a stock bike is rare almost a custom of its own LOL good luck on your investing in your scoot:)

I owned a Deluxe that had the HD saddle bags. They were useless IMO. I bought the leatherworks bags and they were matched to the Deluxe braiding and were very good quality and most importantly, they were useable. Stay away from the HD bags on the Deluxe IMO.:(

I owned a Deluxe that had the HD saddle bags. They were useless IMO. I bought the leatherworks bags and they were matched to the Deluxe braiding and were very good quality and most importantly, they were useable. Stay away from the HD bags on the Deluxe IMO.:(

Could you explain why the factory bags were useless, my wife is thinking of bags for her Deluxe. Thanks

I'm a fan of Leatherworks and Aimee and I have become friends. I appreciate your feed back and will call her for a quote. Did you use their mounting system or attach them permanently? Thanks for info.

Could you explain why the factory bags were useless, my wife is thinking of bags for her Deluxe. Thanks

They were way too small. Basically $600 for something that will not hold much of anything useful. I had them for about a year and did not like them at all. I got lucky and sold them on Ebay for $500 and only had to spend a minimal $$ for my leatherworks bags. I had the quick release mounts. The leatherworks bags were high quality and matched the Deluxe braid perfectly. They looked better, were much more functional and were much higher in quality. Other than that, the HD bags were not bad! LOL!:newsmile100: Really, you will not be happy with the HD bags made for the Deluxe. JMHO.

Take a look at the Hog Deluxe Bag site. Not a bad looking product. And by a Deluxe rider too.

You might want to look at Boss Bags they make a nice set for the Deluxe. On my 07 deluxe I ended up changing the exhaust to the lower style pipes and that gave me a lot more options on bags.

Back