free website stats program Deka batteries? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Deka batteries?

AGAIN, This is where Hoople is needed...
Many Others here can answer, but I always waited for our Hoople to answer these type of Questions.:(

I wonder IF the HD Knows it is LITHIUM ? (stator and the V. regulator)

IF the LITHIUM gives OUT the same and takes IN the same, It probably will work just fine.::s

Asking others that Use that Battery would be a start.:bigsmiley4:

signed....BUBBIE

If you EVER ride in cold weather, lithium is NOT the way to go. In cold weather lithium's chemical reactions are extremely slow and it can not produce anywhere near the CCA of lead acid...
Read some reviews on the web before forking out that kind of money for one... If you never start or ride your bike in weather below 60 degrees, a lithium battery should work just fine.

As brianf stated lithium batteries do not work in cooler temperatures and they are expensive their main advantage is they are much lighter in weight than a lead acid battery if your bike is light weight and a few lbs less will make a difference then perhaps it is an idea to try them however most of my bike is heavy metal and it would not notice the weight difference however my pocket would notice the weight difference of less £ in it

Brian

I have a friend who is electrically savvy. He has a lithium-ion battery in his KTM dirt bike. I asked him his thoughts on my putting one in the Electra Glide, and in addition to the above cold weather fact, he said a lithium-ion battery does not function well with a small constant drain that radio presets, and security modules use. I took his word, and have not researched it.

Back