free website stats program Degreaser | Harley Davidson Forums

Degreaser

fiveoh455

Any recommendations on a cleaner/degreaser for the underside of the motor? Changed all my fluids over the weekend, and no matter how hard I try, I always get some mess from the oil filter removal, as well as the tranny drain plug. Looking for suggestions for a spray that I can apply, then hose off the gunk.

In the UK the most recognised name of a degreaser is gunk
It works well i have used it many time apply with a small brush agitate a wee bit leave for a wee while and wash off

Brian

I have been using Gunk Foamy aerosol engine cleaner about once a year on the unpainted engine cases on my '92. I've never had spotting problems and the factory oil hoses and wires are still in good shape. I have used the Gunk one time on my '07 with the black cases with no problem. Then I used the S100 engine brightener, that stuff makes the black look like new.

Napa or any brand name Electric motor/Brake Cleaner, likeTripleJ said, gunk sprays/wipes off and no residue. Have used it for many years, has never hurt paint.
wilks3

I use Big Orange...similar reason as Smitty - less harsh. Spray on, hose off, spritz w/S100 & rinse. Maybe some additional steps, but leaves bike/garage smelling like oranges...;)

Back