free website stats program Deer vs. Motorcycle | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Deer vs. Motorcycle

Northeast Ohio much the same. They will really be bad during the rut and season but you have to watch out 24-7 Ride Safe everyone keep the dirty side down:s

im dodging them like mad here now.
i leave for work at 5:30 am, about 20 miles of deer infested
area before i hit the highway.
last year hit 3, not with my scoot, 2 with my car, which got totaled on the second, and one with the truck i bought to replace the car

Here in Mn the DNR regulates the deer herd with bonus permits in the heavy populated areas. $10 per bonus tag. We can take up to 5 deer each. I still see them everywhere. Hit one with my truck a month ago.

I try not to ride at night, the back roads are very windy here. I've hit a few in the car but fortunately not even a close call on the bike. Now other drivers that's a different story.:s

I have had two run out in front of me this year on the bike and hit one with the car.That keeps me on my toes at all times,please yall be careful!

Here in NC we had a cop hit 3 horses at 1am on the highway. More than just dear when you get to the Smokey Mountains....be careful

I live in south FL... we had a couple of alligators hit by cars last year. Hit one of those on a bike, you better not fall off :small3d031:

I grew up in central wisconsin and had to dodge deer every day because the DNR can't manage the herd. Now I live in the black hills of SD and I still have had a few close calls. I do try to avoid riding at night; however, when I do, I'm not as nervous because the Osram bulb really brightens things up. Do a search on it, best $12 upgrade ever.......

Back