free website stats program Deer Season | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Deer Season

Gun season in Ohio is only 1 week. One of the biggest advocates to making the season longer are the insurance companies.

Im from Pa and the have it or coupl years now. My dad and uncle have been using for years. Any reason for him to be in the woods! More hunters the more voices and votes we'll have.

Deer are just plain crazy when they get spooked. And they don't look before crossing the road, seems like they would learn after awhile but they don't.

It is peaceful in the woods, but down where I live most of that peacefulness goes away during hunting season and there are 4 wheel drive trucks running the roads and the dogs are hollaring etc.

I don't hunt anymore (or fish) but can remember the adrenline rush of it all. It's probably a different scenario up north where the Deer are larger and eat more grain on private hunting land. Down in Florida the Deer are small, I've seen many a doe the size of German Shepherd dog. They eat a different diet of grasses and swamp fruits. I always preferred hog meat over Florida Deer meat but that's just me.

My neighbor still hunts all season every season and he tells me about it from time to time. It's much more high tech nowdays, no more long antennas for the CB radios, nowdays everyone has cell phones. They even have GPS on the dog collars so if the game runs wounded you just follow the GPS on the dogs.

No more long hours in the evening rounding up all the dogs either. Just go right to where they are.

What do you get if you combine 5 female pigs and 5 male deer?

Wait for it....

It might help if you say it out loud...

10 Sows an' Bucks!

Cheers!

What do you get if you combine 5 female pigs and 5 male deer?

Wait for it....

It might help if you say it out loud...

10 Sows an' Bucks!

Cheers!

Okay, that's a cute one....... should go in the jokes section for sure! Wonder how many are still trying to get it????

Okay, that's a cute one....... should go in the jokes section for sure! Wonder how many are still trying to get it????
flipper,

Ya, You are probably right. Should have put it in the Joke Section. It seemed relevant at the time that I posted it.
Judging by the lackluster response, except for you, maybe it was poorly timed.
Oh well, can't make all the people happy all the time.

Cheers!

Back