Deer Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by flipper, Nov 21, 2010.

1. flipper

flipper Account Removed

Now is my chance to help us bikers by taking out a few of those pesky deer. Unfortunately, there are way more deer than hunters care to shoot. There has been a population explosion in the last few years and it's evident by all the carcasses that are seen on the roadside. A friend just got out of the hospital after hitting his second deer on his bike. My husband and I took a chance today by riding our bikes, knowing that the deer activity is beginning to increase. It may be our last long ride for a while. (Hope not.) I do say though, that I love to be out there hunting those animals. There's so much peace in the woods and fields. It helps me get through the winter months when we can't ride as much...... I am hoping to get a real monster this year. If not, well, there's always next year, with a lot of riding in between seasons.

2. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

Nice looking ride Flipper. You've got some nice pictures in your albums. Enjoy the hunt and good luck, nothing smaller than a 6 point OK.

3. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Pls. come to Eastern NE & thin the herds a bit here...seen a ton of deer along roadside while riding. Getting too many around here.

4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Or come to Pittsburgh PA.There is more deer along side the road then any raccoons, rabbits, etc. In the last two weeks there has been 2 headless deer along side the road. I guess they were bucks and someone wanted the antlers.

5. wilks3

wilks3 Junior Member

When done hunting deer here in good ol' Southern Illinois there should be 10 bucks and 50 does, thats 5 to 1. Lucky bucks.
    This should happen every year. Deer season should open Aug 15 and be over April 15. Any means necessary to "get" a deer can or should be used. Nuclear devices small to large are not (darn) allowed. Baiting, planting corn, salt blocks and anything they like to eat is allowed.
    Dawn to dusk hunting but no limits on the amount of ammo used. Full auto is approved and recommended.
    Have I mentioned I hate deer? Well, I do. Sorry deer lovers. Please call your Senators & Reps to get these rules put into law.
    Good Hunting!!!
    Ride Safe and Watch Out For Deer!!!
    wilks3:D

6. 173ABN

173ABN Active Member

No deer this weekend but did go wild hog hunting got a 150 pound boar with my crossbow, Sausage anyone?

7. rhino

rhino Banned

Warm and windy this last weekend. the deer did as much sitting as I did. decided to hunt coyotes instead. maybe the december season will be better. usualy is at the spot i hunt.

8. marcus22

marcus22 Junior Member

if its brown its down. i dont pass up anything

9. wilks3

wilks3 Junior Member

smitty, Thats a really great thing to do!!! Keep those numbers down!!!
    wilks3

10. fisherman124

fisherman124 Active Member

i wish there were more people like u , letting people hunt on ur land , wish u were closer . got me a six and a four so far this year crossbow