free website stats program Deer Season | Harley Davidson Forums

Deer Season

flipper

Account Removed
Now is my chance to help us bikers by taking out a few of those pesky deer. Unfortunately, there are way more deer than hunters care to shoot. There has been a population explosion in the last few years and it's evident by all the carcasses that are seen on the roadside. A friend just got out of the hospital after hitting his second deer on his bike. My husband and I took a chance today by riding our bikes, knowing that the deer activity is beginning to increase. It may be our last long ride for a while. (Hope not.) I do say though, that I love to be out there hunting those animals. There's so much peace in the woods and fields. It helps me get through the winter months when we can't ride as much...... I am hoping to get a real monster this year. If not, well, there's always next year, with a lot of riding in between seasons.

Nice looking ride Flipper. You've got some nice pictures in your albums. Enjoy the hunt and good luck, nothing smaller than a 6 point OK.

Pls. come to Eastern NE & thin the herds a bit here...seen a ton of deer along roadside while riding. Getting too many around here.

Or come to Pittsburgh PA.There is more deer along side the road then any raccoons, rabbits, etc. In the last two weeks there has been 2 headless deer along side the road. I guess they were bucks and someone wanted the antlers.

When done hunting deer here in good ol' Southern Illinois there should be 10 bucks and 50 does, thats 5 to 1. Lucky bucks.
This should happen every year. Deer season should open Aug 15 and be over April 15. Any means necessary to "get" a deer can or should be used. Nuclear devices small to large are not (darn) allowed. Baiting, planting corn, salt blocks and anything they like to eat is allowed.
Dawn to dusk hunting but no limits on the amount of ammo used. Full auto is approved and recommended.
Have I mentioned I hate deer? Well, I do. Sorry deer lovers. Please call your Senators & Reps to get these rules put into law.
Good Hunting!!!
Ride Safe and Watch Out For Deer!!!
wilks3:D

No deer this weekend but did go wild hog hunting got a 150 pound boar with my crossbow, Sausage anyone?

Warm and windy this last weekend. the deer did as much sitting as I did. decided to hunt coyotes instead. maybe the december season will be better. usualy is at the spot i hunt.

DNR has made hunting such a pain here fewer hunters around. Loop holes in set a side programs allow payments even if they do not allow public hunting so lot of deer fewer shooters.
I allow open hunting on my land to help reduce the numbers.

i wish there were more people like u , letting people hunt on ur land , wish u were closer . got me a six and a four so far this year crossbow

Back