free website stats program deep and softer sound for my sportster | Harley Davidson Forums

deep and softer sound for my sportster

hdrocks

My 96 sportster has screaming eagle I. I'd like it to sound a bit deeper and softer for my neighbors. Some one suggested baffles, and I also thought about looking for stock mufflers. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Welcome Serendiptiy to HDTimeline. You will find many friends and fellow HD enthusiasts as well as plenty of information to make your ride yours and ease the cost of ownership by doing your own service. Enjoy looking at the tabs near the top for Self Help Tips, Search Engines and information on your model HD...ENJOY!

If you are running without baffles, probably will have a little jump in performance as well as happier neighbors...I'd say contact your HD dealer and see if he can find the p/n for the SE baffles,

If not, measure available internal diameter of the muffler end and install aftermarket one from JP Cycles or Drag Specialties. When I was running straight pipes, one of the gals at the front desk said it rattled the front glass windows, before I put some 12" baffle tubes in...only had to drill two holes about 6" back and the deed was done. Happier people at work and in the neighborhood to be sure. Deep sound, just no high pitched rasp or windows rattling. :D

Last edited:
Hey Serendipity.....my fiance's dad has a 96 1200C with stock pipes....Hes been talking about upgrading the pipes for a while, idk if he's still wanting to or not, but maybe workout a trade for his stock ones for yours? Possibly throw some cash in too, idk....Id of course have to talk to him as well.

Back