free website stats program Decreased H-D Quality for 2010 Models | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Decreased H-D Quality for 2010 Models

View the videos and presentations...especially the ones on Quality...Go to the "Its Built Right..."

Checkout the section on paint. It states the paint head is “Layering the clearcoat up to 5 millimeters thick”. They do 0.2 inch thick paint?

I think they meant 5 mils thick which is 0.13 millimeter.

Metric?...what dat?...yeah, good call there D...:small3d018:theres a few mistakes, but still worth spending an hour or so looking through them all... :bigsmiley24:

Check out this link that compares a Harley tank to a Metric tank, then take a look at the previous pictures of that "new" red HD tank...ooopppsss! :devil THAT IS WHAT THIS THREAD CONTROVERSY IS ABOUT

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/...rue.jsp?locale=en_US#/a-closer-look-at-tanks/

Last edited:
Any of you that doesn't want your 2010 Harley you can give it to me. I won't whine about welds, etc. I will ride the tires off of it. My 1988 EVO has about 106K miles on the original engine but I sure will replace it with a new 2010 if you give it to me. Come on guys. Fossil

I just bought my new 2010 Ultra Limited. I have had 7 H.D.'s and this one is the best we have ever had.
We put alot of miles on oour bikes. I was thinking the MoCo had really stepped it up a notch this year.

Actually I am with Fossil, I am either way...throw a new bike my way I'll take it, but there are some mighty tasty older models that would do just fine...! If I had $25k or so lying around I would love a 09 CVO Fat Bob...that orange and red metallic on black plus all the chrome, dual discs and big engine would certainly brighten up my garage...

Last edited:
I think Harley Davidson and the other motorcycle companies are just trying to survive in this economy we're now in...Buell is out of the game for the most part...times are rough in the land of plenty all around...jobs are leaving rapidly, companies are cutting back to stay afloat...it's not good.

Personally, I like the looks of the new 2010 Dyna Wide Glide they unveiled, but that's me, and I don't have enough of a knowledge base yet to really discern the quality points...just like the looks of it and at around $15K new, it's a good priceline IMO.

As with any mass-produced product, there are going to be a certain amount of blemishes and "oops" spots. Even with those you've got to admit the overall product produced by the MOCO is still top-notch. I'd rather have a few blemishes on an otherwise great product, than to see them priced out of business in the current economy.

Next door to my office is both a Harley dealer, and a metric dealer (Honda & Kawa). I had to go into the metric dealer last week to get a part for my wife's bike, and I noticed their new bikes just don't have the shine and attention to detail the H-Ds have. I've ridden metrics, and they have some good bikes, they just don't measure up to Harley for fit & finish.

Back